[Qgis-user] opening .sid files in QGIS

Asia Murphy asiajmurphy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 09:50:36 PDT 2023

Hello all,

I tried to open .sid files (NAIP vegetation pictures) in QGIS this week and
got hit with an error that said the file type was unrecognized. I tried
this using Add Raster and by manually moving the files into the workspace
and got the same error each time. Google is largely unhelpful.

Does anyone know how I can add .sid files to QGIS? I have a Mac and
installed QGIS using my terminal so I could work with lidar data. Version
should be the latest, but here's the details below.

Thanks for y'all's time,

--
*Asia Murphy, Ph.D. (she/her)*
*www.asiajmurphy.com <http://www.asiajmurphy.com>*