[Qgis-user] Issues Extracting LiDAR From a Tif file to a Golden 7 Software Binary Grid (.GRD)

Hudson Mealy impacttiledrainage at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 08:27:25 PST 2024

  Hello,

I just purchased a new computer. ROG GEOFORCE RTX STRYX and have downloaded
QGIS 3.34.3. I was previously using a microsoft surface with GQIS 3.26.3.
We use QGIS to extract lidar from a large area to individual fields
(160-700 acres) to be used for drainage applications. The large lidar files
are uploaded into QGIS in a tif file format. From there I use the raster
extraction tool and clip raster by extent (The field boundary). From there
I use the raster calculator tool, I choose the file destination which is
into the ADMS drainage software. I then choose the golden software 7 binary
grid file type for an output, and in the bottom box I multiply the clipped
extent by 3.2808 to convert from metres to feet. From here I hit save,
however QGIS does not respond and no matter how long I leave it it will not
calculate the operation, I have to force quit the application. However,
when going back to my old microsft surface everything works as normal. I am
confused on to what has changed other than the newer QGIS download, why is
my 5 year old laptop running this application without a hitch but my new
desktop computer will not handle it.

If anyone has any solutions that would be very helpful!

Thanks

--
Hudson Mealy
Impact Tile Drainage