[Qgis-user] Primary key and spatial index

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Feb 16 01:09:20 PST 2024

And in addition of Chris's answer:

The user you connect with, should have enough permissions to create or update an index.

If not, QGIS (or yourself via psql or another client) will also not be able to create the index/pk.
In that case you need to rise the permissions of your user, OR use another user to create it.

QGIS should NOT crash though.
If THAT is the case, please file a bug in our QGIS' tracker (with a reproducable scenario).

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

PS which QGIS version are you using here? I cannot get this message visible (but I do not have large tables at hand currently)...