[Qgis-user] Apple v QGIS 3.28 LTR

Garth Fletcher garth at jacqcad.com
Tue Feb 20 11:54:42 PST 2024

Hi Alice,

Hold Control key down,  click on the downloaded QGIS app, and choose "Open"
then give permission to run it

This only has to be done the first time, thereafter MacOS remembers that
you authorized that specific program and will start it without
quibbling. However, if you download a new QGIS you will be required to
do the Control-click followed by Open to authorize that version.

You are running into Apple's security which balks, unless specifically
OKed by you, programs that aren't signed by Apple or an officially
authorized developer...

Garth Fletcher