[Qgis-user] PDAL on LMDE (Debian) for noobs?

Bernd Vogelgesang mail at berndvogelgesang.de
Mon Feb 26 03:10:44 PST 2024

Hi,
using QGIS on the "normal" ubuntu-based Linux Mint for years, I again
managed to render my system unusable by playing around too much,
resulting in ever crashing QGIS so I even had to reactivate a Windows
Virtual Box to be able to work!!

After a hell of problems with NVIDIA graphics drivers (opencl support in
QGIS), I finally managed to get everything to work with Linux Mint
Debian edition ... but now had to learn that Debian does not provide
PDAL for point cloud stuff in the repositories.

Long story short: Can anyone give me recommendations how to get PDAL
working with QGIS that do NOT include building PDAL and QGIS by myself?
Though I USE Linux for over 15 years,I would prefer avoiding that.
Fumbling around with too less insight on what I am actually doing just
led me here...

Cheers,
Bernd