[Qgis-user] QGIS through conda on Linux

Bernd Vogelgesang mail at berndvogelgesang.de
Mon Feb 26 06:32:40 PST 2024

Soooo,

I thought to share my steps so far, so I will not have to ask again in
some weeks ;)

terminal:
$ curl -L -O
"https://github.com/conda-forge/miniforge/releases/latest/download/Miniforge3-$(uname)-$(uname
-m).sh"
bash Miniforge3-$(uname)-$(uname -m).sh

was asked to deactivate the base environment and confirmed, but somehow
this did not happen, so:

$ conda config --set auto_activate_base false

$ conda create --name qgis_3.34

then I got warned that there is a newer version of conda (strange, why
isn't the new version installed right away?).
So done as told:

$ conda update -n base -c conda-forge conda

$ conda activate qgis_3.34

conda install qgis=3.34

stuff is installed, but again the warning to update

finally:
WARNING: No ICDs were found. Either,

- Install a conda package providing a OpenCL implementation (pocl,
oclgrind, intel-compute-runtime, beignet) or

- Make your system-wide implementation visible by installing
ocl-icd-system conda package.

That stuff is exactly what I was messing around with for the past week
to get the graphics card support in QGIS. Gnrrr...!

So, what to do now? I feel like panicking ... ;)