[Qgis-user] Risk of security vulnerability using older version of QGis

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Feb 27 09:38:46 PST 2024

Hi Max,

On Tue, 27. Feb 2024 at 18:04:30 +0100, Max via QGIS-User wrote:
> I couldn’t find anything useful about my concerns but obviously this has also
> happened to other QGis users
> (https://www.reddit.com/r/QGIS/comments/s1be86/why_did_qgis_ask_to_record_my_screen/)

But that also gives an sensible explanation - or didn't that also happen to you
when using the color picker?

Otherwise that warning would make sense: QGIS needs to "look" outside it's own
window if you want to pick a color from elsewhere and macOS warns you about
that "recording", because it cannot tell whether the application did that
deliberately or upon your request.

That "screen recording" is related to color picking and mac in some tickets.  Eg.

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/48030
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/51592

So I guess that's ok.  But I've never seen it as I don't use a Mac.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                 IRC: jef on Libera|OFTC