[Qgis-user] Risk of security vulnerability using older version of QGis

Max steppenwolf_ at gmx.net
Wed Feb 28 03:23:40 PST 2024

Hi Adam,

thank you very much for your detailed information! Because i’m concerned with Software as an end-user only, your explanation gave me really helpful insight and further understanding of the circumstances under which security issues in a program like QGis may arise.

As far as i understood, my concerns about security risks seem more or less negligible, if you work with your own projects mainly. On the other hand i now see that updating should not cause problems because, in case, there still is the option to switch back to the previously used version.

I didn’t know about online vulnerability databases yet. In the future this will also be a helpful resource for me for issues like this!

I really appreciate your help!
Thanks and best wishes
Max