[Qgis-user] building gdal for mrsid

Don Harter harterc2 at att.net
Sun Jan 21 07:08:10 PST 2024

OK. Thanks. Those scripts don't use .deb packages so nothing would be
registered with dpkg.  I have had problems before with unregistered
packages lying around.  I just fixed such an issue with GCC.  I don't
even see a package that is available for libecwj2. In what  directory is
the build script run in?  I already have gdal installed. Will it
overwrite the existing ubuntu locations for the gdal packages? If I were
to purge those packages then other packages that rely on them would have
unfulfilled dependencies. I see that script is for an earlier version of
ubuntu.  I am running :  Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS. And my gcc (gcc (GCC)
12.3.1 20230626) is newer so I have  downloaded  the other/newer mrsid
file.

So if I download the source for the .deb packages and replace the
scripts in them with those 2 that you located for me, will that work?