[Qgis-user] Should my QGIS 2 Plugins be removed from plugins.qgis.org?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Jan 26 07:21:47 PST 2024

C Hamilton via QGIS-User <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> writes:

> I am wondering whether it is time to remove my QGIS 2 plugins from
> plugins.qgis.org. It seems like everyone should be using QGIS 3 now and if
> they are not, they should be. What are your thoughts? All of my QGIS 2
> plugins are much less capable than my version 3 plugins.

My quick take is that I had no idea when 3.0 was released but it feels
like ancient history.  Looking, it was 2018-02.

  https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/releases/tag/final-3_0_0

So yes, I lean to remove.

It will be interesting to see if anyone says they are using qgis 2.

Another question is if the plugin repo should simply remove all qgis 2
plugins en masse and desupport 2 entirely.