[Qgis-user] QGIS/spatialite issue - invalid layers

Brent Wood Brent.Wood at niwa.co.nz
Tue Jan 30 19:14:08 PST 2024

Hi,

I have created an empty spatialite database with QGIS via the browser.

Running Mint Linux with QGIS:

3.34.1-Prizren

QGIS code revision

133927424d9<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/133927424d9>

I create a spatialite table (in spatialite) & add some point data (EPSG 4326 - column is called "geom"). This opens fine in QGIS.

I add another geometry column to the table (point, epsg:3994)  & populate it with:
  update station set geom_3994= transform(geom,3994);

This appears fine in spatialite, but QGIS tells me it is an invalid layer, but nothing about why...

I have been doing this sort of stuff for years & not encountered this before.

Can anyone help me sort out why QGIS regards the data as invalid, & how to fix this?

Thanks

Brent Wood

Principal Technician, Fisheries
NIWA
DDI:  +64 (4) 3860529
[https://www.niwa.co.nz/static/niwa-2018-horizontal-180.png] <https://www.niwa.co.nz>
Brent Wood
Principal Technician - GIS and Spatial Data Management
Programme Leader - Environmental Information Delivery
+64-4-386-0529

National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research Ltd (NIWA)
301 Evans Bay Parade Hataitai Wellington New Zealand
Connect with NIWA: niwa.co.nz<https://www.niwa.co.nz> Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/nzniwa> LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/niwa> Twitter<https://twitter.com/niwa_nz> Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/niwa_science> YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ-j3MLMg1H59Ak2UaNLL3A>
To ensure compliance with legal requirements and to maintain cyber security standards, NIWA's IT systems are subject to ongoing monitoring, activity logging and auditing. This monitoring and auditing service may be provided by third parties. Such third parties can access information transmitted to, processed by and stored on NIWA's IT systems.
Note: This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential or subject to legal professional privilege. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.