[Qgis-user] importing many svg icons at once into QGIS

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Fri Mar 1 14:46:37 PST 2024

Hi All,

I have a collection e.g. one like the one here
 <https://www.napsgfoundation.org/all-resources/symbology-library/>
https://www.napsgfoundation.org/all-resources/symbology-library/
specifically the svgs in the Access
<https://napsg-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/symbol_publicsafetygis_org/E
pZQpJyTtIxBh54pir3F81sBXwVeg06183B49j0fhd60TA?e=nSoWiV> Vector File Folder
that I want to import (hundreds of svg icons) into the style manager in
QGIS.

So far I only know of the opposite option creating and importing /exporting
xml style collections for icons you already have in QGIS.

Is there a simple pathway to do this ?
Or is it a process / script to create such an xml style collection files
forma folder of icons in order to import all svgs ?

Cheers
Karsten

Karsten Vennemann
 <http://www.terragis.net> www.terragis.net