[Qgis-user] can't apply mask on labels

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Wed Mar 6 12:29:24 PST 2024

Hi Emilie,

I believe that currently a limitation that a layer cannot mask itself.

For this to work, you'd have to duplicate the layer - once for the lines
and once for the labels - then the mask should work. On the label layer you
can disable the drawing of the lines and of course on the line layer you
only apply the mask from the other layer, but don't enable any labels.

Not sure if - or how soon this limitation can be fixed.

Hope this helps,
Andreas