[Qgis-user] can't apply mask on labels

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Thu Mar 7 06:49:22 PST 2024

Allowing bigger attachments might make our inboxes grow substantially.
Mailing lists really aren't that useful in my opinion as you receive
tons of mails when subscribed and lose considerable on ability if you do
not keep them all, forever.

I really like the idea of a Discourse forum
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2024-January/053842.html ,
there it would be no issue if people posted big images or fancy
formatting as the messages are stored on the server for us and one can
selectively subscribe via mail or visit with a browser.

All the best, Hannes

On 07.03.24 10:42, Andreas Neumann via QGIS-User wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Is there a chance/way to increase the size limit from 200k to let's
> say 1MB. Most Screenshots are  bigger than the 200k and it is really
> cumbersome, having to post images on some other platform in order to
> share it with the mailing list.
>
> Do you know who at OSGeo I'd have to ask about this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2024-03-07 10:06, Richard Duivenvoorde via QGIS-User wrote:
>
>> Hi People,
>>

>> FYI: current messages are too big for the mailing list. We have a max of 200KB per messages.
>>
>> We manually let all message through which are larger.
>>
>> When you answer, a large mail with a lot of images, please do not include the full answer mail.
>>
>> That way the response will even be bigger, and be held by the mail list software (until one of the admins releases these mails)...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Richard Duivenvoorde
>>
>> PS: even better: do not create html mails :-)  Keep your mails clean (text only) with optionally some attachments for images...

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

FOSSGIS Konferenz
20.-23. März 2024 in Hamburg
https://www.fossgis-konferenz.de/2024/

WhereGroup-Beiträge auf der FOSSGIS