[Qgis-user] editing and saving very large table

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 07:49:05 PDT 2024

Michael and list,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 5:31 AM Michael.Dodd via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Thanks, can you suggest how as the refactor fields help is not clear, to
> say the least, about saving after sorting.
>
> I sorted the data (5 million rows) by a couple of the columns, just by
> clicking on them, then wanted to save in the new order but this 'save in
> the new order' seems impossible.

Michael, I for one am puzzled as to what you sorted.  Was this a point,
polygon, line attribute table?  Or some .csv layer?  Or...?

And how did you sort it?  Opened it in the attribute table editor and
clicked on columns?  If so, as far as I know, sorting in this editor is
just for convenience in reviewing data.  The physical data order is
determined by the link to the spatial features.

Maybe you could also tell us what you're trying to achieve by sorting?

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.