[Qgis-user] Unstoppable background task when using SVG as label background

Emma Hain emma at north-road.com
Mon Mar 25 18:18:32 PDT 2024

Hi Peter
This problem has been encountered by others in the past.
Can you reproduce this in v3.36?
Thanks
Em

On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 at 23:55, Sykora, Peter via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> thanks to the documentation on
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/380964/qgis-labels-with-html-formating,
> I could successfully use inline SVG label backgrounds in my project. I just
> have an awkward behavior of QGIS when using them: When I initially
> configure the label background, everything seems to work out properly, the
> SVG background renders as defined. When I save the project and open it up
> again, QGIS informs me about the loading process of the SVG, which takes
> about 12 seconds, just for a simple red circle. I wonder what causes this
> rather long loading time. If I then try to close QGIS, it informs me about
> an ongoing background task which I can´t cancel. Neither yes nor no leads
> to closing QGIS, I have to stop the QGIS process in the task manager. (see
> screenshot attached or https://i.stack.imgur.com/CfhjO.jpg)
>
> I could reproduce this exact behavior in different QGIS Versions
> (3.22,3.26,3.28) and I wonder that there seems to be nobody else who came
> across this problem so far. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing
> the problem?
>

> Regards
>
> Peter

> *Mag. Peter Sykora *Amt der Oö. Landesregierung
> Direktion Straßenbau und Verkehr
> Abteilung Geoinformation und Liegenschaft - DORIS
> 4021 Linz  •  Landhausplatz 1
>
> *Mail:* peter.sykora at ooe.gv.at
> *Büro:* DORIS.GeoL.post at ooe.gv.at
> *Web:* *www.land-oberoesterreich.gv.at
> <https://www.land-oberoesterreich.gv.at/>*, www.doris.at

Emma Hain — Product Manager/Senior GIS Analyst
emma at north-road.com
[image: https://north-road.com]
*North Road*
Cartography • Development • Spatial Analysis
*north-road.com* <http://north-road.com>
<https://twitter.com/northroadgeo>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/north-road-studios>
<https://www.facebook.com/North-Road-997236690392419/home>