<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /></head><body style='font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif'>
<p>Hi Eric</p>
<p>Perhaps see whether the project file will load using the previous 3.44.13 version? If you removed it, you should be able to download that specific version from the Downloads version history list.</p>
<div id="signature">---<br />
<div class="pre" style="margin: 0; padding: 0; font-family: monospace">Regards,<br /><br />Nigel Berjak<br />Please consider the environment before printing this email.</div>
</div>
<p><br /></p>
<p id="reply-intro">On 2026-09-25 19:18, Fielding, Eric J (US 321G) via QGIS-User wrote:</p>
<blockquote type="cite" style="padding: 0 0.4em; border-left: #1010ff 2px solid; margin: 0">
<div id="replybody1">
<div style="direction: ltr; font-family: Aptos, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">I have a qgz project file that I last saved with QGIS 3.44-13 and it seems to be corrupted. I am using macOS. When I installed the latest LTR update QGIS 3.44-14, I tried to open the project file and the app immediately crashes. I unzipped the qgz to look at the qgs and I did not see anything obviously wrong.</div>
<div style="direction: ltr; font-family: Aptos, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;"> </div>
<div style="direction: ltr; font-family: Aptos, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">Is there a way to recover this project, or do I have to start over?</div>
<div style="direction: ltr; font-family: Aptos, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;"> </div>
<div style="direction: ltr; font-family: Aptos, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">Thanks,</div>
<div style="direction: ltr; font-family: Aptos, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;"><span> ++Eric Fielding</span></div>
</div>
<br />
<div class="pre" style="margin: 0; padding: 0; font-family: monospace">_______________________________________________<br />QGIS-User mailing list<br /><a href="mailto:QGIS-User@lists.osgeo.org">QGIS-User@lists.osgeo.org</a><br />List info: <a href="https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user</a><br />Unsubscribe: <a href="https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user</a></div>
</blockquote>
</body></html>