[QGIS-ZA-user] 2nd QGIS User Group Meetings in Cape Town and Gauteng

immob19 at gmail.com immob19 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 04:30:05 PST 2017

I've invited you to fill in the following form:
QGIS User Group - South Africa

To fill it in, visit:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScW3_foY5_1AUbUs8ARgrlNKnsQwq8V-FJplq7hm498gPwCOA/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link

Dear QGIS User Group Member,

It is time for meeting up again! After our first successful user group
meetings in Cape Town and Gauteng in November last year we are now planning
our 2nd get-together for the end of March 2017.

In the meantime a lot of things in terms of organisation are happening
around the FOSS4G and QGIS User Group conference in Johannesburg at the end
of June 2017 for which we are also planning our 3rd UG meeting.

But for now the next meetings are scheduled for:

1.) CAPE TOWN:
DATE: 24 March 2017, 9:30 - ~16:00
VENUE: Dept. Rural Development and Land Reform, 19 Rhodes Avenue, Van der
Sterr Building, Mowbray, 7705

2.) GAUTENG:
DATE: 30 March 2017, 9:30 - ~16:00
VENUE: Auditorium Building 43 (Meraka), CSIR Campus, Pretoria (please bring
ID for entrance through the South Gate)

To register for the meetings please use the form below or the link above to
provide a few details about if and where you would like to attend and some
contact details so that we can communicate with you (if they are different
from this mailing list). Please also let us know if you or you company may
be willing to sponsor snacks or lunches and, more importantly, whether you
would like to present a technical talk or demonstration.

The agenda for both meetings are the same and will include (we may still
shuffle things around and you will receive a final agenda a week before the
meeting):

09:30 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 10:30 Feedback from the 1st QGIS User Group meetings
10:30 - 11:15 Technical Talk 1
11:15 - 11:45 Coffee/Tea break
11:45 - 12:30 Technical Talk 2
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:30 Technical Talk 3 - Demos of plugins and general QGIS functions
14:30 - open ending: Questions and Answers around QGIS/FOSSGIS (technical,
how-to's, tricks, tips etc.)

It was felt during our first meetings that we should have more questions
and answers with actual real-time QGIS problem solving exercises and
demonstrations by QGIS experts and power users to show how to do things
efficiently. So please bring your laptops and show us what you have done
and how you have overcome challenges or problems you encountered! Or maybe
we can help you with with a specific challenge at the meeting!

Kind regards and hope to see you all soon!

Immo
--
Immo F. Blecher
Street: 52 Lynedoch Eco Village, Lynedoch, 7603, South Africa
immob19 at gmail.com | immob at mymtnmail.co.za
Internet: http://www.blecher.co.za/

Google Forms: Create and analyse surveys.