[QGIS-ZA-user] Long term historic temperature data for Malmsbury, Western Cape, South Africa

burnie at jbnconsulting.biz burnie at jbnconsulting.biz
Thu Jun 21 11:24:34 PDT 2018

Zoltan

I used a lot of climate data for my M.Sc. (Using climate to predict the start and end of the malaria transmission season in northern KwaZulu-Natal) and mainly used the South African Weather Service. These days however it is a pay as you go service for historical data unless they can become co-publishers on your work (for supplying the data).

I further used a lot of the National and Provincial Natural Reserves since they always have good records.

A lot of airports also keep good records.

If you get stuck, try the drought monitoring centre in Harare in Zimbabwe, but you might have to spend a day or two working through the heaps of information on the Linux servers there.

I can also strongly recommend talking to Prof. Mark Jury at the University of Zululand as an expert in climate modelling and where to find data for the area. He might also refer you to Prof./Dr. Dirk Landman (although I am not sure which institution these days he is serving with great pleasure). Another great resource is Dr. Luke Sandham at North West University or Dr. Kobus van der Walt at the same institution - although Dr. van der Walt is more a hydrologist then climatologist, he might be able to assist.

You can also try the Water Research Council (WRC).

Wishing you the best in your hunt for the data!

Regards,
Burnie Nawn
Lead Consultant

C: 0721345352 | F: 0866132741 | T: 0126617444 | E-mail: burnie at jbnconsulting.biz
Address: P.O. Box 67387, Highveld, 0169

Disclaimer:
The e-mail and attachments are confidential and intended only for selected recipients. If you have received it in error, you may not in any way disclose or rely on
the contents. You may not keep a copy or distribute the e-mail. Should you receive it, immediately notify the sender of the error and delete the e-mail.
Also note that this form of communication is not secure, it can be intercepted, and may not necessarily be free of errors and viruses in spite of reasonable efforts
to secure this medium.

© Copyright Reserved