[QGIS-ZA-user] Long term historic temperature data for Malmsbury, Western Cape, South Africa

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Jun 24 02:05:54 PDT 2018

You can also get median term weather data from Elsenberg’s rest services by adding them to the QGIS browser under

ArcGisMapServer

Use this url when adding the connection:

https://gis.elsenburg.com/arcgis/rest/services/Climate/MapServer

Once you have added it you will see the layers listed like this:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/178003/41717920-9ed21118-755b-11e8-8143-6287e1c3eb15.png

Once you have added the desired layers you can use QGIS Processing tools to extract values at specific points.

Regards

Tim

> On 21 Jun 2018, at 11:22, John Grewar SAEHP via qgis-za-user <qgis-za-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>
> Another option (although I’m not sure as to the resolution of the data) is to use the weatherData package in R – I quickly tried now again to see what’s available in Malmesbury but struggled to install it because of a package dependency issue but if you comfortable in R I’d recommend giving this a shot
>
> I’ve used SAWeather data before and you’ll need to sign some data usage clauses but it can be done
>
> cheers
>
> john

—

Tim Sutton