[SAC] Drupal "development" Instance / New logins

Howard Butler hobu at hobu.net
Tue Dec 5 09:04:43 EST 2006

I do not hope to gum up the works, but I must admit to being somewhat
skeptical of running our lives on MySQL.  I spent a few hours last
week recovering GDAL's bugzilla instance from a crashed table due to
a disk filling up and mucking up MySQL's transaction stuff.  I know
that bazillions of sites do their business on MySQL, so maybe the
problem was just the storage backend that was chosen, and nothing more.

I suggest we use a full mysqldump backup strategy (with a mirror of
it to the TelaScience system) until it is no longer practical to do
so.  Also, I suggest we make sure to use a transactional MySQL
backend in hopes of preventing MySQL hiccups that can occur with
something like MyISAM.

Howard