[SAC] Drupal "development" Instance / New logins

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Dec 5 18:07:25 EST 2006

I have also seen problems with MySQL, and in my case they were with restoring backups.  It was a bug with dump/restore, but having and individual dumpfile for each database saved my bacon.  I was able to restore everything but the database causing the problem, hand-fix the export file, and then reload with minimal downtime to everything but the affected database.

Is there any benefit in doing cold file-based backups of the databases as well?

Ideally, I'd like to see the mysql exports as well as any static content rsynced to the telascience servers nightly.

I'd also like to see the PEER1 servers doing cross-backups on a fast cycle (1 hour?), with the ability to turn up the services on the alternate server and re-point DNS if one goes down.

Jason