DNS Management

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jul 17 22:03:22 EDT 2006

Auke,

I am wondering what is involved in pointing particular domains to locations.
For instance, currently there is some magic done somewhere to point
wiki.osgeo.org to somewhere else.  Is this hard to do?

We anticipate needing to do this for a bunch of stuff, like build farms,
off-CN SVN, project web sites and so forth in the future.  Is the appropriate
approach to this to have designated individuals send you email with the
request and you do it?

Also, what is involved in deleting a project?  The MapBuilder folks
may want mapbuilder.osgeo.org to point directly to their regular site.  Is
the way to accomplish this to delete the mapbuilder project from CN, and
then have you point the DNS entry off to their server?