[SAC] Re: svnsync

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 17:04:37 EST 2007

I can now report that we have an svn mirror:

http://svnmirror.osgeo.org

It uses svnsync to mirror all OSGeo project repositories hourly,
including ones like OpenLayers and MapBuilder.  QGIS and GeoTools
cannot be mirrored with svnsync because the server versions of those
repositories are too old (1.3 and 1.1, respectively).  To be able to
pull for svnsync, the server version must be 1.4.

The mirror is running on a TelaScience machine.  AFAIK, only Mateusz,
John, and myself have the ability to login to this machine at this
time (it isn't on the LDAP or anything).

I still need to do a little work to email in the event that the
syncing cron fails and sends output to stderr.  If anyone has some
code/ideas to make that simple, let me know.

I propose we let it stand for a week or so, and if things look like
they are behaving to our satisfaction, we discontinue the 'svnadmin
dump' full backups that we are running nightly that cause us lots of i/
o and cpu grief.

Howard