[SAC] Subversion Wedgification

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 6 05:19:36 EST 2007

Folks,

We are seeing frequent need to recover subversion repositories for reasons
that aren't entirely clear.  Norman pointed to:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.html#svn.reposadmin.basics.backends

The key item here is that apparently the FSFS "backend" is much less
sensitive to interruptions in connections which can easily leave BerkleyDB
in a state where it needs to be recovered.

I have confirmed that we seem to be using BDB instead of FSFS.  Does anyone
see a reason we should use BDB instead of FSFS?   Is there someone available
who is competent to transition from BSB to FSFS *cough* hobu *cough*?

This wedging problem is already significant for MapGuide and Mapbender, and
as more projects migrate (OSSIM is in progress I think) this will only be
more important.