[SAC] Host for MapGuide and Interoperability Work

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 12 19:10:17 EST 2007

Robert Bray wrote:
> I'll want to install MapGuide, PostGIS, GeoTools, and probably a
> GeoServer instance, none of which by themselves require a significant
> amount of space. So the sample data is the only real variable, however I
> do not think I would need more than 3-5 GB of space for the software and
> a handful of smallish data sets. Obviously if we go crazy with data for
> these demos that could grow...

Bob (and John),

The servers are listed at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/SAC_Service_Status

1) xblade10 (.215) used for mapbender also has open solaris download images
taking up 10GB of space, and has only about 3GB free.  If John didn't need
the the solaris images anymore, I'd suggest this as an excellent host for
the purpose.

2) xblade13 (.218) has roughly 6GB free I believe, and would do, but I think
the intent was to use this machine for a variety of shell access needs and so
there might be some doubt of it's stability.

3) xblade14 (.219) has roughly 9GB free, but with the buildbot, and download
server already configured on this system I believe the space will be consumed
by those services over time, so I'd rather not see it on this machine.

So my suggestion would be (1) if John doesn't mind removing the solaris
images, otherwise (2).  John - what do you think?