[SAC] SVN and Trac status?

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Jan 12 11:45:30 EST 2007

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> I guess our next step is for the externally hosted projects, to set up
> their project.osgeo.org dns to point to their external site.  Does that
> make sense?  Since none of them have Drupal-ready content or more than a
> basic internal page...
>
> I see that as the one remaining major item to complete for smooth DNS
> changeover.  Other items?
>
> Tyler

Hi,
we would like to start use Trac system. We are still using bugzilla on SourceForge and the sooner we can switch the better.

SVN works fine, thanks a lot for the migration. We did not even have to change path settings.

Our developers and some power users are starting to request for accounts to log into OSGeo. I do not even know whatever that is?! They expect something like the CollabNet login which combines SVN, project website, mailing list account and so on. Technically that is the LDAP. From what I see currently the CMS will be accessible to a restricted group only. What are these groups related to? And what exactly is "and so on".

Sorry for not being able to formulate my questions better.

Best regards, Arnulf.