[SAC] Virtual Hosts Policy

Robert Bray rbray at robertbray.net
Tue Jan 23 00:51:31 EST 2007

For flexibility I would recommend:

1. Services have their own domains, e.g. svn.osgeo.org, trac.osgeo.org,
etc. For the reason already mentioned, the ability to offload services.

2. Hosted projects have their own domain, e.g. mapguide.osgeo.org. This
keeps them out of the www namespace and gives the root www project and
software projects more flexibility in content, navigation, and presentation.

Bob