[SAC] Subversion is 403 right now

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 29 11:06:57 EST 2007

shawn barnes wrote:
> Marcus,
>
> This is now fixed.
>
> SVN can lock if a ctrl-c is used to abort a checkout.

Shawn (Howard?),

Is there seriously no way around this other than someone doing something
on the server?  I find it hard to imagine that "next generation" source
control software would have such an obvious gotcha that is unsolvable.
Is it that we are using the wrong kind of back end database?

Given the glacial speed that svn https transactions happen over my satellite
link I find myself frequently control-c'ing things in the middle when I
realize I am not doing what I want.  I *may* be able to train myself out of
this, but I hardly expect everyone to be well behaved.