[SAC] Re: [OSGeo] #103: Move main OSGeo Wiki to OSGeo infrastructure

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Nov 1 20:01:00 EDT 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 09:38:37PM -0000, OSGeo wrote:

>  http://openid.osgeo.org/

I certainly don't want to sound harsh. Yet I'd like to pronounce my
concern which regards running a 'critical' authentication service on a
machine that probably only very few SAC members have admin access to,
that runs on a single disk with no backup and that offers a login page
to transfer unencrypted passwords.

I acknowldege that OpenID is a nice game, maybe even a useful service.
Yet I'd propose to proceed a bit more careful when it comes to
authentication services.
Is there any OSGeo Trac ticket, has there been any discussion on
offering an OSGeo OpenID service ? I'm unable to find such thing in
OSGeo Trac.

Cheerio,