[SAC] DNS Trouble :(

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 15 19:47:46 EST 2008

I'm afraid I unwittingly broke something by adding a DNS entry for
"conference".osgeo.org this morning.  I had a nice little vhosts file
for the conference but somehow it took over www.osgeo.org!?

Now that I've removed the vhost and restart httpd, it shows a dead
site.  So, I suppose it was actually trouble at the DNS side, so I
also removed the conference name from the DNS.  So from our systems
side everything is back to the way it was.

I don't understand what happened, but assume I've got to wait the 6
hours for the DNS to propagate before it is fixed.  Can anyone give
me more insight on what is happening in case there is something I'm
overlooking?

Tyler