[SAC] mailman not sending confirms for geodata list?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Jul 29 15:32:18 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:25:41AM -0700, jo at frot.org wrote:
> dear SAC,
>
> We had a bug report from a user that they were not getting
> confirmation mail after subscribing to the geodata list.
>
> I tried with a couple of test addresses and didn't get a confirm mail
> either. Yet it works almost immediately with another list (i picked to
> standards one). I do see the email address for the user who had
> problems subscribed in the membership list. But i don't see either of
> the test addresses i just tried. I checked the settings, the list
> definitely requires a confirmation stage. I am puzzled.

Jo,

Can you tell me what two addresses you tried with? (Private response to
me instead of the list is fine if you prefer.) I can then check the mail
logs and see if there is anything obvious that is a problem in this
case.

I just attempted to subscribe with no problems: It is possible that the
email server in question is rejecting mails from OSGeo for some reason?
Maybe they are being marked as spam?

I often simply subscribe people to the mailing list if they are having
prolbems subscribing: often, confirmation emails are more difficult to
receive due to having limited content than actual emails.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta