[SAC] geodata.telascience.org has new disk

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Mar 15 12:19:59 EDT 2008

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Any attempt to update the Buildbot farm with VM instances?
> Are we strong enough in hardware to handle 2-3 VMs?

Mateusz,

I'm not aware of any movement on VMs.  The telascience blades (like
geodata.telascience.org) seem to have 1GB of RAM.  This seem rather modest
to run multiple VMs.  The 85GB of disk space could also be consumed fairly
quickly if we had several VMs with a variety of stuff in them.

I'm not sure if there is some beefier home available where we might be
able to run VMs.

"osgeo2" might be a good place to consider running some VMs.  It has 4 CPUs,
2GB of RAM and 160GB of free disk space, and is generally lightly utilized.