[SAC] download.osgeo.org:/data with no space left

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 21 10:36:59 EDT 2009

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Otto Dassau<otto.dassau at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was just trying to upload some data on the xblade14 server without success.
>
> It is xblade13 indeed which is linked to xblade14.
>
>> download.osgeo.org:/data
>> Filesystem           1K-blocks Used     Available Use%  Mounted on
>>                     87507296  83062560         0 100%  /download_data
>
> Delete candidates:
> * /data/download/livedvd/    <- some old ISO files

> 8.1G    livedvd     <<-- !!
> 29G     ossim     <<-- !!

Folks,

I have deleted some 30GB of map data I had on the same partition so we should
be in working condition again.

I would ask the livedvd and ossim folks to review their current disk use
and consider if some old versions could be dispensed with.  Note that in
addition to the download disk being of finite size, it is also being
automatically backed up to osgeo2 (by rsync) and *that* disk is of finite
size too.   I have checked, and it is nearing it's space limit.  If the
download disk actually does fill up, it will saturate osgeo2's space
(also used for backup of osgeo1).