[SAC] Trac Upgrade

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:30:20 EDT 2009

On Jun 19, 2009, at 10:25 AM, Martin Spott wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:31:05AM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>> Howard, myself and possible others are going to attempt a Trac
>> upgrade at
>> 9:00pm EST tomorrow (Saturday June 20).  It is estimated that Trac
>> may be
>> unavailable for up to four hours.  I have written some brief notes
>> at:
>
> Howard had been mentioning that "our LDAP setup [...] must be brought
> forward". Would you share the details with me, anything about the LDAP
> server setup ?

It's purely client.  Our current version of Trac uses a hack by Frank
to allow it to look up emails and usernames using the LDAP rather than
Trac's internal user list.  There might be wider support for this in
newer versions of Trac through the use of plugins, but it is possible
there isn't.  We can't do work without something that does the mapping
regardless.

No LDAP server changes should be required at all.  In fact, everything
has been working very smoothly there in my opinion.  I especially like
that we can shell-enable a user's account with little hassle :)

Howard