[SAC] /backup/ directory on Backup-VM

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 23 12:33:36 EDT 2010

Martin Spott wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm feeling a bit uneasy with the fact that someone has made the
> /backup/ directory on this machine a symlink pointing to somewhere
> below /osgeo/ and I'm going to revert this change if nobody objects.
>
> Cheerio,
> 	Martin.

Martin,

I object!

What is wrong with this arrangement?  I made the change so that
/osgeo/backup would be the official place, since you objected to my
referencing /osgeo/backup when it was a sym link.

I'm trying to make a concertated effort to have our stuff under
/osgeo on machines so it is easy to differentiate from system stuff.