[SAC] Uploading to download.osgeo.org fails

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Aug 27 12:05:09 EDT 2010

On 08/27/2010 08:56 AM, Martin Spott wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 08:13:10AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
>
>> I just added group write permissions, please try again.
>
> Maybe the respectivbe projects should simply be given their file and
> directory ownership back to them. If "warmerdam" is the owner of all
> these directories and files, then something must have obviously taken
> the wrong direction - probably some mis-guided so-called "cleanup"-
> procedure.
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Martin.

I believe it's due to the restore process copying from the backup
machine after the download server was fresh installed.

I'm not sure assigning ownership to a single user solves the problem,
assuming we know who the user should be for a given project. The group
is already set to users and everyone with access is part of that group
so it should provide access for them to chown if they want. Note I only
did it on grass and pgRouting so far.

We've also been experimenting in the livedvd folder with methods for
automatically ensuring group write to all new subfiles/folders.