[SAC] Server Planning

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Thu Feb 18 16:09:04 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 20:41, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> Maybe a dedicated Postgres VM would be in order then. I did notice that
> Drupal's maintenance of postgres backend has been subpar compared to
> MySQL so I doubt those should be moved but wiki instances sounds great.

Drupal + PostgreSQL is not a good idea if we want an easy to maintain
site. So I'd say that MySQL is a requirement.
Also for drupal it would be best if the DB is the same machine as the
webserver, since drupal is a HEAVY user of the DB. I don't know how
much a VM to VM communication compares to having DB and webserver on
the same... But as long as it is FAST all is good :P

What OS will the webserver be running? Can it be Debian or
Debian-based? Please? ;)

--Wolf

--
<8  )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----(  3>