[SAC] Emergency Procedures

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 14 11:31:05 EDT 2010

Folks,

I'm a bit disappointed at how the recent xblade emergency was handled.
There was no notice to the sac list about many of our services being
down, though it does seem it was discussed in #telascience as much as 10
hours ago.

When lots of web sites, and important services like download.osgeo.org
are down I'd like to see emergency notice provided to the sac list,
perhaps the discuss list, and at least some admins contacted by phone if
needed to try and restore services.

Contact information is provided at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Primary_Administrators

for a number of key administrators with the intention that in an emergency
they can be contacted.

John - when you are available, could you summarize the situation with the
xblades as you understand it for this list?