[SAC] Logwatch

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Wed Jun 9 04:23:11 EDT 2010

Hi,

As part of cron.daily, a program called "Logwatch" is being run on osgeo1. This program is apparently analyzing system logs, and appears to be quite CPU intensive -- it used up an entire CPU for over 15 minutes, as well as a significant amount of disk activity.

Do we need this program? Is it doing anything we care about, and is it worth the cost of having the system slowdown at this time every day?

A similar question for webalizer, though this one seems less CPU intensive: are we still using webalizer?

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
Nokia