[SAC] Meeting Minutes

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Fri Jun 11 10:11:45 EDT 2010

On Jun 11, 2010, at 9:11 AM, ext Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Hamish wrote:
>> Frank wrote:
>>> * We prioritized establishing a large "Projects" VM and
>>> the services for GRASS, Mapbender, and metadata.osgeo.org
>>> will be located their until there is a fairly compelling
>>> need for project specific VMs.
>>
>> watching xblade14 for the last couple of weeks it seems that a
>> number of buildbots are responsible for a good portion of the
>> load. The run niced, but still.. So I've been thinking it might
>> be good to have a build.osgeo.org VM set up as a build server;
>> it could run at 100% without slowing down the static html front
>> ends of the other sites hosted on osgeo4.   comments?
>
> Hamish,
>
> We have such a server, and it is buildtest.osgeo.org - another
> of the blades.  Unfortunately there has not been manpower
> resources to migrate all the buildbot slaves to that blade.
> Some of the more critial/heavy ones have been moved - as I
> understand.

Also note that I'm not aware of any particular load issues on
xblade14; at least, we haven't had complaints of much other
than immediately after the qgis release (which is why we moved
qgis to a different host).

Are there ongoing performance issues on the xblade servers?

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
Nokia