[SAC] Re: pgRouting to OSGeo infrastructure migration (looking for SAC member to volunteer)

Daniel Kastl daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Thu Jun 24 17:58:42 EDT 2010

Hi Alex (or other SAC members),

I'm not sure about the state of the server migration and don't wan't to
bother anyone, but after another discussion with Christopher Schmidt about
project hosting (http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2010-June/002596.html),
I'm not sure now if it's OK for pgRouting project to use SVN and/or TRAC on
OSGeo servers.

If so it would be nice if someone could import our SVN dump, because
currently migration of pgRouting is somehow stuck in the middle ;-)
The dump file is still the same as in this ticket:
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/561 I think it shouldn't make troubles.
The repository isn't very big.

Regarding TRAC migration I'm more concerned, because pgRouting TRAC
currently uses PostgreSQL as database and has a couple of plugins installed
(especially the forum plugin).
So pgRouting would be OK with a new, empty TRAC instance and we would copy
the content manually (there is a lot of outdated stuff anyway, so this would
be a good reason for a big cleanup). As a replacement for the forum plugin
(it's much more popular among users than the pgRouting mailing list), we
might use then http://shapado.com, which I heard about recently. It looks
even more useful for us than the current forum (it's open source btw.).

Best regards,
Daniel