[SAC] [Fwd: [support.osuosl.org #11303] OSGeos New Servers]

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 23 13:14:19 EDT 2010

Alex Mandel wrote:
> Martin,
>
> Since you will be the primary admin on Wiki (and are currently on osgeo2
>  Mediawiki) could you let us know how big the database is now

SELECT sum(round(data_length/1024/1024,2) ) total_size_mb FROM
information_schema.tables ;

gives me: 1.55GB for osgeo_wiki db.

File space used for the wiki tree is about 280MB.

> and
> estimate how much disc space we should allocate to allow adequate room
> for growth and room for backup file moving/tmp files.
>
> Does 2 or 4GB of RAM sounds adequate to allow backups to happen without
> hindering access of the site.

Seems to be running fine currently with 2GB (with ~200MB free) but not
sure about any of the other variables.

I'm sure others have comments, but thought I'd throw that out there in
case it helps.

Tyler