[SAC] New OSGeo Virtual Machine Creation

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue May 18 16:32:31 EDT 2010

On 05/11/2010 11:15 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> OSL Team(Lance),
>
> We're now ready for round 2 of Virtual Machine creation on our hardware.
>
> osgeo3
>  Name    Web
>  Cores 	 2
>  Ram 	 4
>  HD+Swap 32+4=36
>  DRBD Yes (so 72 GB total)
>
> osgeo4
>   Name Qgis
>   Cores	 2
>   Ram 	 4
>   HD+Swap 50+[4]=54
>   DRBD 	 No
>
>   Name Webextra
>   Cores	2
>   RAM	4
>   HD+Swap 20+[4]=24
>   DRBD	No
>
> How's the backend access for VM management coming?
> Could you also give me a readout from each Host of how much total disk
> space we had to start with. I just want to keep track of how much we
> have left to work with.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

The above virtual machines are created and running. They can be accessed
at *.osgeo.osuosl.org like the previous machines.
With this batch of VMs we should be able to finish moving all of osgeo2
services. I don't anticipate creating any more VMs until we've finished
that task.

TODO List:
Does someone have a list of the QGIS admins who need access, and is
there a volunteer to set up their access?

Also, can we get a status report on Backup, Wiki and Secure?
It would probably be good to move LDAP to Secure and test it before we
create any more VMs.