[SAC] OpenLayers website migration

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Wed Sep 1 19:19:22 EDT 2010

Hello,

Earlier today, I migrated the OpenLayers website to the projects VM.

After doing so, the projects VM apache server seemed to be completely
overloaded, such that no responses were being served.

A brief investigation turned up that this was because of long Keepalives,
which were keeping children busy for multiple minutes for each request.

I have since disabled KeepAlive on the projects server. (Having a short,
1-2 second keepalive may be practical, if someone wants to muck with it;
having a multi-minute keepalive was not.)

I did this by changing the:

 "Keepalive On"

option in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf to

  "Keepalive Off"