[SAC] tidying up the planet

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Apr 14 15:00:49 EDT 2011

On 2011-04-14, at 7:39 AM, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> - - Is there somewhere a contact list for the blogs aggregated?

Nothing so far, good idea though.

> - - I've run the script and some blogs are not working so I've commented
> their entries at the config. Is there any protocol about this, this is
> related with previous question (I could ask for the guys that run their
> non-working blogs).

That is a good process too.  Sometimes blog feeds are just temporarily down, so I've left them in the configuration, but it is fine to remove them now I think.

> - - How is the planet updated? I haven't seen anything at crontab

Out of my realm :)  But does run once per hour somehow.

> - - If I receive a request to add a blog to the planet, should I ask
> somewhere or I have to decide by myself if the blog is OK for the planet
> or not?

It's up to you and others on the planet management team (SAC isn't normally involved unless it's a more system related issue).  As long as they are friendly to OSGeo, post on open source stuff, I'm not too discriminating.  We have a few more details on a wiki page somewhere too.

> - - At this time the planet is looking weird because of a post with
> invalid markup. So, witch is the procedure with a non-valid entry? (I
> think the current "weirdness" is because of the GRASS announcement)

I've worked with a few folks who use certain blog platforms (wordpress?) that cause issues like this.  It's best to follow up with the blogger to see if they have alternate feed urls to use instead.