[SAC] osgeo1 migration?

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sun Feb 13 14:58:22 EST 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 01:27:25PM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

>  2) The LDAP server.  I think Martin may have done some work on this
>     migration, but I'm not sure.

Indeed, the LDAP service on the 'secure' VM in itself is quite
functional and in fact I had planned to do the migration right after
new Year.  Yet, surprisingly, I was flooded with customer demands this
January and therefore was unable to deal with an issue which appears to
affect the current OSGeo SSL certificate:
For the Lenny distribution Debian folks decided to link the OpenLDAP
server against GnuTLS instead of OpenSSL and, in consequence, quite a
few OpenSSL-based certificates don't work. I _think_ this is biting me,
but I'm still a bit uncertain.

Or maybe I'm just looking at the wrong certificate  :-)

Cheers,