[SAC] postgresql on adhoc VM is down

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 18:25:48 EDT 2011

Jeff wrote:
> > Sorry Chris, this is probably the one installed with
> > FGS by default (even though I don't need PG)...my apologies.
>
> err..I guess I do use that PG instance (FGS) for OSM
> data... anyway let me know if you want me to change the port
> or whatever...so sorry.

for the record, next time/VM around it would be better if the semi-
official debian PG 8.4 packages from backports.org were used
instead of custom installs, and system wide upgrades/changes
were noted on the adhoc wiki page.

As far as I know no one else is trying to use Postgres on adhoc,
just that the custom install had broken 'apt-get upgrade' for a
while. Mainly bugs in a custom bleeding-edge version of sphinx
someone installed is all that has been causing trouble for me.

thanks,
Hamish

ps- one day in the next year or so we will have to consider
migration plans to the new stable release of debian.