[SAC] Primary DNS Contact

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Nov 3 23:31:27 EDT 2011

On 11-10-24 04:13 PM, Martin Spott wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:49:14PM -0700, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, various DNS contact settings point to me (and some still to
>> Jason's name), including my phone number and email.  I need to hand
>> these off to someone else during my transition our of OSGeo's employ.
>> Any ideas?
>
> SAC chair ? OSGeo president ?

SAC chair would make sense as primary (registrant) contact I guess
(OSGeo president already got enough without that).

A second person from SAC could be named to assist with the domains and
be listed as the admin contact. This way we'd have 2 contacts and less
risk of missing renewal notices, etc.

An important responsibility that comes with this is tracking renewals
and getting in touch with the treasurer (myself at the moment) to
arrange for payment if/when required.

If we feel that we need the blessing of the board for this decision then
I'll let Alex (as chair) take the lead, make a motion for vote here and
then once approved here I can take it to the next board meeting on Nov.
10 for approval.

P.S. Note that I (or whoever the treasurer is) do not always follow the
SAC list, so if you need to reach the treasurer please use the treasurer
at osgeo.org address directly.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/