[SAC] OSGeo archives at Nabble (Fwd: Re: Taking ownership)

Alex Mandel alex at wildintellect.com
Thu Nov 10 00:27:17 EST 2011

On 11/02/2011 02:04 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is this waiting for more infrastructure migration or a SAC meeting?
>>
>> If not, with no discussion for a month, does the below mean that
>> Mateusz should set the owner as info at osgeo.org and himself and
>> others as admins?  From these threads,
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2011-September/003319.html and
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2011-October/003406.html, it
>> sounds like at least Jeff and Jorge are interested as admins.
>>
>> Once we have a new owner and admins, perhaps the admins could close
>> these tickets:
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/813
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/817
>>
>> It sounds like once SAC gives some guidance, Mateusz and Peter can
>> coordinate to complete this work.
>
> Eli,
>
> I've been trying to stay out of this, leaving it to those with more interest
> though I suppose it might fall into the area of responsibility of the mailman
> admins (myself and Alan as I understand it).  I would prefer not using the
> info at osgeo.org alias for nabble admin if it is intended to be handled by
> others.  It is easy to set up a nabble at osgeo.org alias forwarding to whoever
> wants to be in charge.
>
> Ideally Alex as chair would facilitate a decision on this matter.
>
> Best regards,

I think it's best to have someone known to the community who is paying
attention to nabble as the primary contact. It's easy enough if they get
tired of it to pass it on.

So yes, I'll propose that Mateusz should be the primary contact, and
that Jeff and Jorge can be admins along with anyone else from SAC who
would like to be.

I'll also propose that we create a 2nd level admins list and make
Mateusz a member of SAC with the specific role of Nabble manager
listed on http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Primary_Administrators

My approach is I'm fine with known community members being in charge of
various pieces as long as we keep a good list of who does what. This
also applies to the other conversation about Google+, Facebook, Twitter,
Linked-in, 2nd Life, etc....

Why don't we give everyone until next Monday(UTC) to voice support or
opposition + alternatives to this.